For Who

English teacher

who want to do In-room teaching or Online teaching.

In-room teaching

Teacher must come to China and we will allocate you to different cities and schools in China.

Online Teaching

Teacher not necessary to come to China but we will also virtually allocate you to a school in China

How it works

  • Step 1: Submit Please fill in the application form and submit to apply.
  • Step 2: Interview We will contact you for an interview if we think you meet our requirements.
  • Step 3: Contract We discuss details about the contract and get everything cleared and agreed.
  • Step 4: Start to work Simply start to work and earn your salary


Your Name(*)
Please let us know your name.

Your Email(*)
Please let us know your email address.

Please write a subject for your message.

Please let us know your message & don't spam !!

Invalid Input


How to apply

When is the best time to apply to our program?
  • our group accepts applications year-round. Our busiest times for teacher arrivals fall in the end of February and the end of August, which means we are heaviest recruiting about 3-4 months before.
What are the requirements to apply?
  • We are looking for motivated individuals, with a bachelor’s degree who are looking to explore a new culture. Additional qualifications such as experience teaching or TEFL/TESOL are given preference.
Do I need a passport/Visa already to apply for the job?
  • Yes, in order to come to China you will need a valid passport with at least 1 year remaining and multiple visa pages empty. We will help you apply for a Visa before entering China.
What is needed for the application process?
  • You should submit your information through email. You will be asked to fill in a new teacher information form so we can better get to know you, as well as a resume and passport information.
I have no teaching experience; can I still apply?
  • Yes, many of our teachers had never taught before joining our group. As long as you have a positive attitude toward teaching, we can help you become a teacher.
What is the interview process?
  • We will conduct two interviews with our recruitment team. The 1st interview will be used to get to know you as a person and introduce some basics about our group and answer any preliminary questions. The 2nd interview will be a short teaching demonstration. For both interviews, we strongly recommend the use of a webcam.
Can couples or groups of friends apply together?
  • Yes, we have many couples or groups of friends who have come to our group. We find that having someone close to you that is also going through the experience with you helps teachers adjust to China that much faster.
Do I need to speak Chinese to apply?
  • No, many of our teachers don’t know a single word of Chinese before applying and speaking Chinese is not a requirement in any part of the job.

Information of schedule

What type of classes do you teach?
  • We teach fun interactive classes that get the students moving around the classroom and using English. We do this through a process called CLIL, which means Content Language Integrated Learning. We use subjects like Art, Music, Drama and Science to learn new words and interact with them.
Do I have the same classes every week?
  • Mostly, we have a set roster of classes in each school, however, you may be asked to pick up classes from other teachers because of leave or overcrowding.
What age students?
  • Kindergarten kids:2-6years old,primary school:7-12years old,middle school students:13-15years old,high school:16-18years old.
Are materials provided?
  • Yes, we provide textbook for you,you can follow the book,or you create your own lesson plan to make classes more interesting and colorful.
How long are the lessons?
  • Lessons range from 20 minutes to 45 minutes, depending on the age of the students
What does a typical classroom look like?
  • Here is a picture of a typical classroom
How many students in each class?
  • Kindergarten normally have 10-20students per class,middle school Classes have 30-45 students.

About the job

How many working hours do I work?
  • Your working time is within 20 hours each week,will depend on actual school's classes arrangement.
Where am I located?
  • During the interview process, we will discuss which city we wish to place you. Your specific location within the city will be discussed and decided once you have started training. If you have a specific preference or need, please make it known before your arrival and we will try to accommodate this.
  • It is not guaranteed that we can place couples or friends at the same school. We can try to accommodate this request but it will depend on the current school needs. If we can’t accommodate, we will do our best to make sure the schools are relatively distanced so you both have the same commute to work, if you are planning to live together.
Is there a dress code?
  • Yes, teachers are required a work shirt to be worn in the classroom at all times. Teachers must also wear socks at all times in the classroom, and pants/dresses/shorts should be mobile, clean and unripped or not overly revealing.
Is there a dress code?
  • Yes, teachers are required a work shirt to be worn in the classroom at all times. Teachers must also wear socks at all times in the classroom, and pants/dresses/shorts should be mobile, clean and unripped or not overly revealing.
How long does my contract last?
  • Contracts last for at least 12 months, starting from the first day of working and ending on the 15th of the final month, which is our pay day.
Can I stay longer than 1 year?
  • We really like and encourage teachers to stay longer than 1 year and have many attractive options for teachers, such as a pay raise, paid vacation days and more!
Are any meals provided?
  • Yes, our schools have a cafeteria so all meals are up to the teachers to provide for themselves, but most schools are located in or around shopping centers with plenty of eating options.
When and how do I get paid?
  • You will be paid on the 15th of every month for the previous months work (E.g., September 15th you are paid for all work done in August.
Is payment often delayed for any reason?
  • No, payment is always sent to the banks on payday so it arrives in your account at the correct day unless it encounters holiday. As long as you have set up your bank account properly with our help, there will be no problems with your payment. Keep in mind, it may not arrive until later in the day in some circumstances, we don’t control the banks.
  • Teachers should confirm their working hours with the AD each month and if a problem arises, they can contact the payment personnel.
Are there other requirements of my time besides teaching?
  • Yes, teachers are required to prepare their lessons,but you can do it at teacher's office,or you can also prepare it at your home,it's more flexible. Sometimes,school may need you to participate in periodic training programs or meetings.
Is there any time off to travel?
  • We provide time off for all official Government National Holidays,The two major holidays, Spring Festival and National Day provide a week or more of consecutive days off to travel around China and Southeast Asia.

About China

What is the food like in China? Is it fortune cookies and sushi everywhere?
  • Food is extremely diverse in China. Not just the local food which each region has its own flair, but in the major cities, many western restaurants exist. As for fortune cookies, they are an American invention and you won’t find them in China. Sushi is growing in popularity in China, but is originally a Japanese dish, not Chinese. Chinese main dishes include kung pow chicken, egg and fried tomato and hot pot.
How do I best get around in China?
  • China has tons of public transportation. Most cities have large numbers of public buses and Beijing have a subway line. On top of this, taxis can be taken to most locations, although are comparatively much more expensive. -
Are the laws much different in China?
  • Most laws that affect your life in China are similar in China to that of the west. However, China has an extremely strict drug policy. They have zero tolerance for drug use and impose strict and harsh penalties for those caught.
Is China safe to live in?
  • China’s major cities are no more unsafe than the major cities in the west. Most apartment complexes are gated and police are a constant presence.
How can I learn Chinese?
  • China’s major cities are no more unsafe than the major cities in the west. Most apartment complexes are gated and police are a constant presence.
Is travel restricted in China for foreigners?
  • For the most part travel is not restricted in China. Keep in mind, whenever you travel, you need to carry your passport and register with the local police upon your arrival (Hotels and hostels will do this for you). However, Tibet is the one area that can pose some difficulties for foreigners to travel to. It is possible to access, but you must go through the right channels.
Should I read anything before coming to China?
  • There are plenty of great books on China. Whenever traveling to a new country, it is always handy to purchase the Lonely Planet guide. If you are looking for something more novel-based, you might try China Road, by Rob Gifford.
How much English is spoken in China?
  • English is not spoken as much in China as it is in South America or Europe. However, that doesn’t mean you need to speak Chinese to survive in China. Most people will understand simple phrases and you can usually get your meaning across with some hand gestures and patience. There are also many restaurants with English or picture menus and most major businesses will have a token employee who can speak English.
What are some big cultural difference between China and the west?
  • Any time you are coming to a new country, you must expect that things will be different. Before discussing any specific issues, it is best to say that teachers who do best in China are those people that can take a step back from each new situation no matter how bad or different it might seem and relax and try to work through it.
  • Here are a few things that teachers find to be different in China, however this list is not exhaustive:
  • Often schedule changes or additions are made last minute (this is because it is seen as a loss of face to say something will happen and then cancel, so people often wait until the last minute)
  • When eating at a restaurant with friends, it is seen as a great thing to pay the bill, so often Chinese people will fight to pay. If you want to pay, you need to really insist.
  • Also in restaurants, tipping is not allowed in most restaurants. This is because it is seen as you telling them that they need more money than they are already paid.
  • Foreigners are still a novelty in China. As a result, many people have a hard time hiding their curiosity, which might manifest itself in staring at you, asking you to take a photo with them or something as nice as everyone saying hello to you.
  • Toddlers under the age of 2 often wear clothing that has a split opening in the crotch. Commonly called “split pants”, these allow children to quickly potty train, however, often in public places.
  • Toilet paper is not common in most public restrooms and is not flushed down the toilet (it is put in the waste bin), so always carry some with you.
What should I avoid in China?
  • Like most places around the world, China is a really friendly open place. However, there are certain people who prey on this openness and we hope you can keep your guard up. In particular there are two areas you should display extreme caution. Any time you go to a very tourist heavy or western heavy area, you will meet lots of people who can speak English, offer to help you, accompany you and tell you they would be happy just to be able to practice their English. Most often they will suggest going to a tea house or an art gallery to experience and show you more Chinese culture. Once at the tea house or art gallery, you will be charged an exorbitant amount of money from 1,000 to 10,000 RMB for your tea or entry fee. A general rule of thumb is to not add anyone to your party once you are out. This way you can avoid any unpleasant situations as the police are not very helpful in these situations. The second area to avoid is so called “Black Taxis” or taxis without meters. Make sure to look for real taxis and don’t go with people who just offer a ride for a set price.
  • Pretty girls/handsome guys talk to me all day at a tourist site, should I go with them to a local tea house/Art gallery? I mean, they are REALLY pretty / handsome!
  • We know, however, a good rule is not to add anyone to your party when you go out. You might be lucky and they could just want to be friends, so invite them to a different location on a different day and see how they react. If they want to be friends, they will accept. If not, they will insist on their location.


How do I apply for a Visa?
  • If you are from the UK, you can use this website chinese-embassy or visaforchina
  • If you are from the US, you can use this website china-embassy You can also contact an agency to help you, like this one abriggs
  • I am applying for a Z (work) visa.
What materials do I need from your group?
  • You will need a Notification Letter of Foreigner’ s Work Permit from the Chinese Foreign Expert Bureau.
What materials do I need to obtain myself?
  • You will need to obtain a passport, additional photographs, your resume, your degree certificate, a medical exam (we will provide you with the exact details during the interview) your address and home phone number.
  • I am applying for a F (business) visa.
What materials do I need from your group?
  • You will need an invitation letter from the company.
What materials do I need to obtain myself?
  • You will need to obtain a passport and additional photographs for your visa.
Why am I applying for a F/L/Z visa?
  • Our visa specialists will read your profile and help you apply for the visa that best suits your background. Your working conditions or contract is not affected by this.
My visa is only for 6 months, what happens when it expires?
  • Please let our visa specialists know 2 months before you visa expires so they can help you apply for a new visa. If you wait too late to inform us of your visa being close to expiration, you might incur certain costs yourself.
How long does the Visa process take in my home country?
  • The whole process time from start to finish can take up to 2-3 months. This is because certain documents are needed and must be submitted in sequential order with the next document only available once the previous submission is accepted.
Am I reimbursed for my Visa expenses?
  • All regular expenses incurred under contract in China are reimbursed in regards to your Z visa, except for transportation; however, your initial visa to enter the country is not.
I am applying for an F/L/M visa, but it says it is illegal to get paid on an F visa, what gives?
  • Technically, it is illegal to work on an F visa; however, some people can’t apply for a work visa because of their background, most cases that some nonnative speakers or some native speakers who have no degree. Thousands of people work every year in China on F visas. It is not ideal, but if we apply for you to have an F visa, we do everything necessary to make sure your working situation does not differ from those on work visas. Just listen to all our instructions and everything will be smooth.
What additional documents do I need to bring with me? Can they be copies or originals?
  • We might also ask for you bring an original copy of proof of no criminal record. This can be obtained from your local police station. They will know the procedure. Also, don’t forget to make a few copies of your passport and visa and carry them with you, as well as leaving a set at your home with someone you trust. In addition, bringing extra passport pictures is suggested to help with medical or visa checks you might encounter during the year.

Before coming to China

What should I pack?
  • Clothes are very easy to come by in China. Not only are most sizes and styles available, but also can be found relatively cheap (especially in comparison to western counterparts). One thing to consider however is shoes, mostly for men with US sizes about 12. Large shoes are harder to find in China and you should bring a couple pairs with you. Phones can be found relatively cheap in China. However, if you are planning on bringing your own phone, please remember to unlock it before you come so it isn’t tied to your home network and unusable. You can find out online how to do this. Also, most American phones don’t work with the Chinese SIM network, so Americans should play it safe and just wait until China to buy a phone. You can find a really cheap smartphone for only a few hundred RMB. Medicine is not extremely scarce, but it is wise to bring some with you, especially if you know you easily fall prey to certain illness. Ibuprofen is hard to find and I would also suggest some sort of upset stomach relieving medicine along the lines of Pepto Bismol, Imodium.
  • Body care products are often suspected to be in short supply in China; however, there are no shortages of shampoo, toothpaste, conditioner, shaving cream or razors. One thing however, that you should bring with you, is a supply of deodorant, as it is hard to find and there are not many options.
  • The plugs in China are three diagonal pronged, with some standard two prong plugs and use 220V, instead of 110 like the US. Other than your laptop, which has a power converter on it, it is advised to not bring other electronics as they might short circuit, especially things like curling irons and hair dryers, which can all be found here, relatively cheap.
What about Health/Travel Insurance?
  • There are many different health/travel insurance agencies. our group provide this service for you and it can cover most of the accident injury in China. For further details, you can talk further with recruitment specialist.
How much money do I need?
  • When it comes to money, too much is never a problem. However, here are some realistic estimations of what things will cost to help you decide how much money you will need. We recommend every teacher bring at least 500 dollars or 300 pounds for first month’s living expenses and day to day eating/shopping etc, to last you until your first paycheck.
  • If you are living in Beijing, you will also need to prepare some money to rent an apartment. Accommodations can be found starting as low as 500 dollars or 300 pounds for upfront costs, however most housing options will run teachers about 1600 dollars or 1000 pounds or more(This assumes you will be living with roommates, if you wish to live alone, you will need more, closer to 2400 dollars or 1500 pounds. These are the cheaper options that are available in the city. For better locations or excellent housing, this cost goes up. This is because most housing options in these cities require 5 months’ rent upfront (3 months’ rent at once, plus 1 months’ agency fee and 1 months’ deposit.)
  • If you don’t have a large amount of money upfront, you can choose to stay in our housing and have the rent taken out of your paycheck each month. This housing option isn’t the most convenient, but it is an option for teachers who don’t have a lot of cash up front and still want to live in Beijing. Otherwise, we suggest teachers with less money to go to one of our other cities, where housing is provided and less upfront money is needed.
  • Although commonly used in the US, traveler’s checks are not recommended for China. They are a hassle to exchange and are not accepted outside of the banks. You can use most bank cards in China to withdraw money for a small fee, and might be able to get that fee reduced if you speak to your bank in advance.
  • IMPORTANT NOTE: Teachers not from USA, Canada, UK, Australia, and European nations that use the Euro may have trouble exchanging their currency in China (Specifically South Africa and New Zealand). Please exchange to RMB before you leave your country.
Is a flight booked for me or do I need to book my own?
  • You need to book your own flight, we will discuss with you during your second interview, when is best to arrive. If you complete your contract, you will also receive an airfare contract completion bonus to help offset some or all of this cost, provided you can provide a receipt to cover the tax bill.
When is best to book my flight?
  • We will discuss with you during your interviews when is best to book your flight. Please follow our time table as we schedule your working to start on a specific day, often with other trainees. We suggest the best time to arrive is two days before the start of working.
Who do I need to tell about my flight?
  • Once you have booked your flight, please forward that information to the person who conducted your interview at our group. If you are signed with an agency as well, you can cc them on the email as well.
I am working in another city, why do I need to fly to Beijing first?
  • All teachers come to Beijing for at least two days in order to receive working at one of our centers. Even if you are already in China, this is required of all new teachers.

Arrival /Training

Will someone greet me at the airport?
  • Yes, we will have a person from our company meet you at the airport and take you to your working accommodation.
I am bringing lots of luggage, will there be enough room? How much is a lot?
  • If you have more than 4 suitcases, please make this known to us before coming so we can arrange for a larger transport.
How long is the training?
  • Training normally lasts for 1-2 working days.
Where will I be staying in Beijing for the training period and what type of accommodation will I be staying in?
  • -You will be located nearby our company,the accommodations are fairly standard. It is a local Hotel/Motel chain.
Who will pay this accommodation?
  • -Our company will pay it.

To your school/City

I have finished training…now what?
  • After training, we will give you instructions on how to get to your school. The next working day, you will go to your school and start working your normal schedule. Upon your arrival at your school, your international trainer and assessor (head of teaching at your school) and other international teachers should introduce you to the school.
I am living outside of Beijing, how will I get to my city?
  • We will arrange transportation to your city once training is finished. We will cover the cost of this transportation, as such, you won’t have the option to choose how or when you go to the city. If you have some strong reason to adjust, please let us know before working starts and we can try to make adjustments.
I am living in Beijing, how do I find my school?
  • The recruitment specialist will take you to the school and assist you settle down.
Once I arrive in my new city, will someone greet me at the airport/train station?
  • Yes, someone from your school will greet you upon your arrival and take you to your accommodation. We will let you know who that person is before you head out so you know how to expect to meet.

Settling In

Will accommodation be provided for me?
  • Our partner school offer accommodation for you,it's a furnished one with necessary equipments,such as internet access, bathroom, and facilities for water, heating and washing,ect.
How do I set up a bank account? Which bank do I choose?
  • Depending on which school you are located at, we will recommend you available bank to open bank account there.
Where do I buy a phone/get a sim card?
  • You can a buy a phone in most markets and our welcome committee can help you with this, as well as any of our teachers in the school. Sim cards are even easier to get,during the training period,we will arrange someone to help you get one from China mobile company.
I am sick and need medicine/need to see a doctor, how do I do this?
  • You should always contact your AD (head of teaching at your school) when you are sick. They will help you find a hospital or medicine. If you are still during training, please contact your trainer and he will contact the correct people. Do NOT just sit at home and try to get better on your own. We need to know if you are sick, we can help.
How do I get around best in China?
  • We recommend you get a travel card for Beijing. They can be used on the subway and buses, and even reduce the costs on some buses. They require a 20 RMB deposit, but make traveling much less of a hassle.
  • As for China as a whole, trains are the way to go. They are everywhere and relatively cheap. We can help you locate and book tickets during your free time.
  • $1=6.68 RMB 1AUD=4.99RMB
  • 1£=8.75RMB 1CAD=5.05RMB
  • Milk (0.5L): 7 RMB
  • Dozen Eggs: 10 RMB
  • Uncooked Chicken Breast: 12 RMB
  • Bottle of Spring Water (1.5L): 3 RMB
  • Bottle of Chinese Beer: 4 RMB
  • Bottle of Imported Beer: 12 RMB
  • Starbucks Iced Coffee: 21 RMB
  • Large Bag, Imported Potato Chips: 35 RMB
  • Bottle of Diet Cola: 3 RMB
  • Burger and French Fries at Western Restaurant: 80 RMB
  • Big Mac and French Fries:35 RMB
  • 8-10 Dumplings: 10 RMB
Domestic Expenses
  • Apartment (1BR, Beijing):3000-5000RMB
  • Internet:160 RMB/month
  • Electricity:0.5RMB for 1 kilowatt hour
  • Gas:20RMB/month
  • Water:25RMB/month
  • Subway:3 RMB base + (depends on the distance)
  • City Bus: 2RMB base
  • Taxi: 13 RMB base(2.3RMB/km)
  • Here are some useful phrases for you to use in China.

    Eating is a national pastime in China and food one of the most important aspects of life. In fact, a common greeting is ‘Nǐchī fǎn le mǎ?’ (Have you eaten?). Once you get to grips with the hugely varied cuisine paired with the relatively inexpensive cost of food here, you begin to see why.

  • Transportation information:
Cookies make it easier for us to provide you with our services. With the usage of our services you permit us to use cookies.
More information Ok Decline